Sunday, January 31, 2010

Corporate Lunch... RS

I’m still fairly new at my job.  I like the people, I like the positions and I like the location.  But the way that my team is set up is rather strange and for the most part we almost never see each other.  In fact at our staff meeting last week I actually met two people on my team who I didn’t even know existed.  So in an attempt to do a little team building I decided to invite my team out to lunch this past Thursday. 

This brilliant idea hit me early in the day and I sent out an email to all six members of my team including my boss asking them if they all wanted to get together.  That was at 8am.  At 9am I had received no responses…  At 10am I had received nothing…  As in zero out of six response.  At 11am, not a goddamn thing. 

Finally at 12:30 I gave up the ghost and decided just to run out and get something myself.  I grabbed my suit jacket, put on my top coat and headed for the exit.  I got to the elevator, pushed the button and waited for it to come…  Then the doors opened…

I stood awestruck and sickened as, standing before me, was my whole team… all six of these mother fuckers coming from lunch together.  They all had bags of half eaten subway sandwich and half drunken cups of soda or juice…  And as they got off of the elevator all six of these assholes tried to act like they didn’t see my ass standing there.  They all just kinda looked at the floor as they walked out and turned the corner back towards the offices.

“I’m right here you fuckin assholes!!!!!  I’m right here!!!!!  I invited all of you all to lunch and you went without me” I thought to myself.

Sad, sickened and disgusted, I got on the elevator and went to lunch alone.  The whole time I was eating I just knew that when I got back I was going to have at least a few emails telling me that they would be happy to go to lunch and that I should meet them at subway…  When I got back, nothing.  Not one damn email…

I CAN’T PAY A MOTHER FUCKER TO GO TO LUNCH WITH ME AT WORK……………  

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I understand the feeling. I invited a co-worker out for lunch in an effort to get to know them better. They agreed and then made a random rant on facebook. Why can't people just be up front. They just don't deserve your company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad! If you paying, Id go to lunch with you. Not sitting with you but you can buy it and we can sit on opposites sides of subway and do an old fashion stare down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man this is Zanta's husband. I'm sorry homie. We are trying to brainstorm some type of revenge solution for you, but Z said if we did, you would probably carry it out. So we won't.

    ReplyDelete