Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Independent Woman…

Many of you may be wondering… where’s LB been.

The answer is… in apartment hell.

I am for the first time living independently no parents, no roommate just me!   Now that we've got the good stuff out the way, lets bring our attention back to the oh so many things that go wrong.  Today's story is about my first big purchase for the place... My new bed frame.

Yea that's the bed alright... It's a lot more comfortable than it looks!


My bed is wonderful,  a comfortable, cozy hideaway retreat as I call it. But me and the bed were not always on such loving terms. I purchased this bed from … and don’t judge me… IKEA! I have a love/hate relationship with that store. But I went against all good sense and bought the bed. The instructions CLEARLY stated, two people are required to complete the construction of this purchase. I did not belive them, but I should have. Even getting the pieces out of the box were difficult. But none the less I had perceivered. After 8 hours (the box called for 2hr assembly with two people) I was finished. I simply fell back on the bed arms up in a sense of triumph and female empowerment. (cue: Independent woman song playing in my head) When All of a sudden I heard a crack, followed by a snap, and about 3-4 pops and I was suddenly on the floor. The bed had crumbled underneath me. I wanted to cry. Instead I kicked the bed and jammed my toe. Then I cried! (cue: Whitney Houstons - Why Does it Hurt So Bad)

The next day I got all Bob Villa on it and installed steel beams underneath the bottom of the bed for added support. Yeah, that’s right! I did it! (cue: Independent woman song once again playing in my head) I promise you it’s been the best sleep I’ve had ever since.

Take that IKEA. (Mind you, with my “added improvements” I have voided the warranty so this thing better last me 5 years or I’m screwed. So actually, now that I think about it… IKEA just got me…. AGAIN!) Damn the Swiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment