Friday, March 26, 2010

The new microwave... LB

On Monday the microwave at my office died.  And I being the least senior person in my office with a corporate card was tasked to purchase a new one.

As I looked at the old microwave so unceremoniously removed from it's perch atop the kitchenette, I couldn't help but to reminisce.  I had a lot of memories with that microwave.  Like how it always smelled like bacon from when I made my morning and usually afternoon bacon snacks.  The rest of the office complained, but I never understood how someone could not love having the sweet smell of bacon welcome you everytime you open the microwave door. 

I also remember the day I set a small to moderate fire inside of it.  Good thing our smoke alarms don't work!   BTW... my fire had nothing to do with the untimely demise of the microwave.  I set that fire a year ago  The blackened ceiling of the microwave served as a cautious reminder that metal thermouses do not belong in the microwave.  All in all, it was a good friend that served our office well.

Before you go... can we take a moment of silence for a fallen camrad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment