Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Not as good as I used to be.... LB

I become more and more like my mother with each passing day.  One painfully obvious moment was just last week. 

Before we go there we must take a small trip down memory lane. 

Picture it: 
Christmas 1991, I had just gotten the Super Nintendo game system and my mother had challenged me to a game of super mario kart.  I was killing her!  Slaughtering her!  It was glorious!  After a thorough beating my mother puts down her controller and says.  "You may have me in this, but I am the queen of jacks"  She them pulls out this dusty squede pouch from the kitchen (I always wondered what was in that thing) and began to challenge me in a game as old as the sweet saviour himself.  I said "You can't compare JACKS to the superior gaming experience that is Super NES."

Fast forward to last week...
I was on the phone with a dear friend and had expressed my desire to get a PS3 (that is Play Station for those non gamers) instead of a blue ray player.  My friend replied something to the effect that I shouldn't bother because I suck at video games.  I replied, "Suck as video games, my Tetris scores are off the richter"  My friend pretty much shut down that conversation by saying "I don't believe you just used your Tetris scores to prove your need for a PS3." (those may not have been the exact words but that was the gist.  Actually the real gist is that I am a loser... hence the need for this blog. 

I might as well throw out the old Birth Control packs and start pushin out babies, cause when it comes to video I'm on straight mom status!

Darn shame really.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment