Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Please pass the tissues... LB

There's nothing like being a woman. You know like having the ability to pee standing up. Market value salaries.  The ability to lift heavy objects without the fear of breaking a nail or the ability to grow facial hair without judgement. OH WAIT... That's men... yea being a girl sucks!

With the amount of estrogen seething through my pores it causes issues - to say the least! The worst occasion happened to be when I cried while driving home from work at a Wachovia radio commercial for identity theft. For some reason knowing that Wachovia had my back if I were to become a victim was too much for my heart to handle.

Yesterday afternoon, I come home and as usual immediately turn the tv on. I happen to stumbled upon a jif peanut butter commercial and by the end I could feel the tears welling up. I have included the commercial because I want you to see how much this is NOT a tear jerker. Yet for some reason, my body rebels against my brain and I can feel the tears welling up.




But the worst commercial and the one I personally think has ruined Sarah Mclachlan career is her animal cruelty commercial. Whenever her song "Angel" comes on all I can see and hear are abused dogs. If I see the commercial come on I turn the channel and never come back.  Simply, because I know I'll be seeing abused dogs for the entire show.  I officially HATE that song and that commercial.  But of course I've included it for your viewing pleasure. 

And just as an FYI.... Estrogen has also ruined the following for me...
  • Annual Dog Show
  • Almost every episode of Grey's Anatomy
  • ET - which I still refuse to see it because I know I will cryThat insurance commercial where people do nice things for each other.  
But I'm hoping I'm not alone in this... I realize most of what I write on this blog is never read, but for the 3-4 die hard fans who read this blog on a semi-regular basis... Write in and share the commercials and movies or whatever that have ruined your life. 

LB

2 comments:

  1. Oh LB, I completely agree! Being a girl and susceptible to all that girlie emotional crap sucks. Dumb jewelry commercials, that one State Farm commercial helping disaster victims..... My movie that causes incessant eye leakage is Armageddon. It's corny as hell and I hate myself for bawling through about 3/4 of it.

    I have one better for the SPCA commercial - my 2 year old son saw that commercial and started freaking out - I mean full blown panic tears- about how the cats and dogs couldn't get out and lost their mommies, etc etc..... of course I started crying too (idiot), but I was crying because somehow I taught a 2 year old boy to have empathy. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, really..... One day he might be in therapy for this.

    Well, the good news is at least 25% of your fan base has responded. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Biggest Loser... triumphant tears of joy when they accomplish their goals and sympathetic tears of sorrow when they get voted off....(and then more triumphant tears during the "see me now" after show reveal).

    ReplyDelete