Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who would have guessed... LB

I bought a new wireless router for the apartment.  The first one was a dud.  Thanks Walmart! 
I repurchased the same router from Best Buy.  Lo and Behold... it was working a lot better than first.  It was still not functioning but at least the lights turned on for this one. 

So I call my friendly international technical assistance.  Yes this man was definitely Indian.  A lot of people have very strong opinions about overseas customer service agents.  But I will say this for the record.  I believe that India is the SMARTEST nation in the world.  I do not know how anything I own would function if there wasn't some sweet knowledgeable techincal assistant rep to make it work after I broke it.   But I digress. 

I thought I was going to have to replace the second router after it too failed to function.  But turns out, I had changed the name of the network to something that was not compatible.  Apparently, NO DIGGITY NO DOUBT, is not a suitable name for the router.  Although I feel he is grately mistaken!
What even worse is when you have to spell out that name to the internation customer service agent.  N-as-in-Nancy O-as-in-Oh maybe-I-shouldn't-have-named-it-this.  As is is extremely hard to keep a straight professional tone over the phone when you're laughing at having the customer service agent repeat back your stupid network title.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment