Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm turning in to RS.... LB

OK...

I just want to preface this by stating that I am in fact going to seriously repent for the pain and suffering I cause to others.  I'd like to attribute this behavior to prolonged exposure to RS. 

Sometimes when my boss starts to get on my nerves, I like to get "even".  I do this by toying with what no one ever should - a woman's quintessential need to not look fat/over eat in public.  Now my boss is a beautiful person on the inside and out, but as with every employer/employee relationship it sometimes can be strained. 

I will burn for this...

Example #1
We were at a holiday luncheon not too long ago.  At the luncheon I kept remarking how good the pasta was and how I was so excited to order it.  Now I knew coming in I was skipping the bread bowl and getting a salad for lunch.  But my enthusiam caused my boss to stop her dieting you know... "for the holidays" and get a decadent dish as well. 

She ordered first.... the decadent pasta dish.  I was the last to order, so of course I get the garden salad with vinaigrette hold the croutons!  She gave me this "What Happened?" look.  I told her I was saving it for dessert.  So once again the dessert menu comes and I plot on the most decadent chocolate cake, with chocolate mousse layers and of course TWO scoops of icecream ala cart.  My boss lets down her guard and orders a slice of cheese cake. 

When the waiter gets to me I order the seasonal berries with a small dollup of whipped cream... on the side. 

Example #2
Fast forward to this morning.  I was an hour late for work.  So I decided to smooth things over by stopping by the nearest dunkin doughnuts.  I called the boss from the road and asked her what she was wanted.  She said if you're going to treat yourself, why not.  I'll have a sausage croissant sandwich.

I ordered myself a bagel AND a low fat muffin.  I ate the bagel in the car.  I then brought in my boss' hot, greasy, calorie-laden breakfast sandwich and the low fat muffin to the office.  My boss was more than happy to start tearing into her breakfast.  After about 2 or three bites she asks me if I am going to eat my low fat muffin.  I take one small bite declare it's not good and that I can't spare the calories anyway.  I then toss the whole thing into the trash.  After seeing the look on her face I knew it was the best 1.79 I've ever spent.

Regretfully - LB

No comments:

Post a Comment