Thursday, December 17, 2009

Riding in Silence... RS

OK… let me set this up…

I usually don’t bother to play the radio in my car anymore. Most of the today’s music doesn’t interest me and despite being under 30 years old I’d much rather listen to Blues music that was written 30 years before I was born. So the radio in my car is usually turned to the station I used to play my ipod.

So last night my office had our office Xmas Party. It was about 15 miles from the office to the location and several people were going to car pool. I offered to drive so that I was sure that I could leave when I was ready to go. One of my officemates asked if he could grab a ride with me to the party. I gladly said yes. I don’t know him that well but he was in the lobby looking for a ride and I’m the new guy and could stand to make a few friends here at the job.

We got in the car and I fired it up. Inside there was only silence as I had not yet plug in my ipod. About 5 minutes into the ride he jokingly asked me if I always ride in silence. I could not help but take advantage of the situation…

“Yes”, I responded. “It gives me time to reflect upon all of the evil I’ve done in my life…”

No words were spoken the rest of the trip. He road back to the office with someone else…

-RS

No comments:

Post a Comment