Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No Sick Days for Me... RS

I may have mentioned before that I used to work for a company that I just couldn’t stand and I worked with people that for the most part I hated. Today however, I’m lucky enough to have a job I can stomach while working with people that I actually like. This fact was made evident to me this past week while I was dying of the worst cold that I’ve had in nearly 30 yrs of life. It was so bad in fact that for the first time in ages I actually had to take a few sick days and stay home (although they made my take my laptop with me and I actually spent most of my sick time running reports and calling in for conference calls… but I digress….).

Anyway, the fact that I was home sick made me realize how much I really do like the people that I currently work with… because there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would have ever take a sick day at my last job. NO WAY IN HELL. I would not have given them that kind of respect. Instead, I would have drug my sick ass out of bed, un-showered, unshaven, and unhealthy, wearing the most raggedy gear I owned just so I could spread the sickness!!! I would have walked in sniffling and coughing while using my hands to rub my nose. Then, only after sneezing all over my hands as many time as possible would I have gone on a handshaking expedition all through the office (for those of you who follow this blog regularly, you can rest assured that the first stop would have been the Cyclopes’ office and given his blind ass a bear hug http://deuxlosers.blogspot.com/2009/11/cyclopes-and-can-of-fruit-cocktail-rs_1143.html). Watching my colleges fall ill with similar symptoms over the next few days brought me a certain joy that I cannot describe to you in mere words… Oh the joy…

But, here at the new spot… no need for that as I am surrounded by wonderful people who have mutual respect and admiration for each other. So I spared them the plight of sickness that others in my past may have deserved. However, I did consider heading over to my old office, walking in and exchanging greetings… FUCKERS…

-RS

No comments:

Post a Comment