Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections on 2009... Part Deux

Before you read this... If you haven't yet... Please read Reflections on 2009... Part One
http://deuxlosers.blogspot.com/2009/12/reflections-on-2009-part-one.html

Now that you're all caught up... Here's part deux

Just a recap from the last post... I'M A JERK! 

Just today, I was helping my mother assemble a tv stand.  Now I've expertly assembled my entire first apartment.  (Does anyone else hate using that S shaped tool IKEA gives you to assemble all their furniture.  Couldn't imagine being a dude, wanting to feel manly and being reduced to cranking your whole project together.  Leave it to the Swiss to find yet again another way to immasculate the American man.  Might as well include skinny leg jeans in each box just for S's & G's)

Moving forward...
When the whole frame was put together and we were ready to stand it upright, the frame was wobbly at best.  We spent 20 mins trying to fix it.  Try as I may, I could not get the stand to become sturdy.  I rescrewed everything in as directed.  Still wobbly and practically falling apart, I gave up and began to diassemble the stand.  It was at that point I figured out what happened.  I was turning the screws in the wrong direction the whole time.  (In my defense, it was a dimly lit room and thier arrows weren't very visible.) 

We had already had the whole thing practically back in the box by the time I had figured it out and I didn't have the guts to tell my mother of the mistake.  So instead, I chose to let her go on for about 30 minutes how she would never buy furniture from this maker ever again.  And tomorrow, I'm sure she will head back into Lowe's and demand a refund for the chinsy piece of furniture they sold her.  And I will stand right next to her in the customer service line, even more indignant and outraged that they could pass off crap like that to their customers.

Ah well... Better luck next time!

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment