Monday, November 23, 2009

Chivarly is not dead!.... LB

It was a gorgeous Saturday afternoon in DC so me and a male friend decided to take a trip to the zoo. Admission was free and we were broke.  We get to the vulture cages, to find one in particular sizing us up for lunch like we were rotting carcasses. (Maybe it was my new perfume.) Suddenly, It swooped down on us. And I will share with you that vulture with a 10 foot wingspan is no joke. When they come down on you, your life flashes before your eyes. Mine was mainly blank - not sure if that's a problem or not!?! 

The only separating him from us was a thin wire cage that surrounded the bird compound. While it was enough to keep him from pecking our eyes out, it was too much for my male friend who had, in his attempt to run away from the bird, pushed me towards the cage - TO BE EATEN!  He ran to another section of the zoo and promptly called me on my cell to see if I was "ok". Thus proving chivarly is not dead - as he did in fact, call to make sure I had not been eaten alive.  He then informed me as to where he was at, because he was NOT coming back to the bird section of the zoo.

PS. My friend may remember that story differently, as in, not pushing me towards the bird to die. But this is the true story!  By the way I will say in my friends defense . If there was a bullet coming towards me he would in fact stand between me and that bullet... until it became unsafe to continue doing so.

That's true friendship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment