Sunday, November 29, 2009

Do you have any pictures?... RS

I was lying in bed next to my little girl one night after having just finished telling her another classic story about how Daddy saved the world from tyranny. I think it might have been something along the lines of how Daddy and 300 of his closest friends from the gym united to save the world from some oppressive madman who wore too much jewelry. But I digress…

As I stared down at the only thing on Earth that I’ve ever created that was of any worth at all, I started to think about how much she means to me. And I thought about how much less of a human being I’d without her… And so I saw the opportunity to create a moment that perhaps she would remember forever….

RS: “You know what little girl? When Daddy and Mommy made you we took everything that was good inside of us and put it into you. That’s why you are so wonderful.”

Baby Girl: “What do you mean? You didn’t make me. God made me.”

While this may be true I certainly had something to do with it. And while I will not battle with God for any reason I refuse to not get that credit I deserve for helping make this kid…

RS: “Yes baby, God made you but Daddy and Mommy help to bring you to Earth. And we took all that was good inside of us and…”

Baby Girl: “No you didn’t. How?”

Huh? Fuck! She wants to know how!! It’s too early to tell her how, isn’t it? She’s like seven!!!

RS: “Well, we took that best parts of ourselves and poured them into a glass. Then we gave the glass to God and He did the rest.”

Good one RS. She’s got to go for that one. It sounded so good and came out so pure that for a second I even believed that’s how it went down. But my kid is pretty smart and she was not to be fooled…

Baby Girl: “Nah ahh. I don’t believe you. Do you have any pictures?”

Pictures??? I almost choked on my tongue when she asked about pictures. I could barely contain my laugher as I thought about pictures of her mother and me pouring the best of ourselves into a glass for God. I almost passed out on the floor. Quickly I tried to compose myself.

RS: “No baby girl. Daddy doesn’t have any pictures…”

....but there might be some video tape floating around out there somewhere…

RS

4 comments:

  1. Wow that sums everything up for now, but give her some more years and she'll have more questions on creation LOL:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least I know what not to tell my son... The fascinating minds of kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Video tapes huh....lol... The best of you two put in a glass for God was creative, but I don't think God would like to have a glass of RS and your child's mother on his dinning room table it's going to explode as soon as he picks it up

    ReplyDelete