Friday, November 6, 2009

I Used to Work for Keyser Soze... RS

I may have mentioned that I used to work for a Cyclopes… Well, at one time I actually did.  And I hated him!   At any rate, I was in my office discussing something with a that fool one morning. We were talking for about five minutes on an issues that we mostly agree on but only slightly disagree on how to come to the same end result. I was of the mindset that this fool was simply arguing with me for the sake of arguing but this was the norm. He was an argumentative Assholes by nature. However, in anticipation of such an event I had spent time the day before preparing myself for battle. I had done some extensive research the day before to prove my position and had printed it out and put in it a file waiting for the moment when this fool would walk into my office and start running his mouth. Like clockwork… his dumbass showed up right on time. And so the agreement began.


I let him go off on his foolish tangent to start. For the most part I said nothing. I could see in his eyes that he thought he had me on the run. Delusions of grandeur probably lead him to believe he was dominating like Shaq in the paint circa 2001. No the case though. I just played that shit cool and waited for balloon boy to run out of hot air. When he finally did I stated my case quickly and concisely. Then my time had come. I turned around while I was still talking to him to grab the file from my file cabinet. I smiled at the document that would almost certainly throw him into a fit of rage and force him to admit I was in fact correct. In my hand I held another moment of triumph... but when I turned back around (still talking to his dumbass) to show it to him my work... like Keyser Soze... he was gone.... No trace of him. None. Like Hoffa.... No evidence that he was ever there. Not in the hallway or anything. I even checked under my desk to see if he was hiding. This mother fucker just vanished into thin air like he was in the Matrix or some shit like that.

My jaw dropped to the floor. My only explanation was that when the moment came that he realized he was about to crash and burn he ran for safety… out of fear!! But was that true? Had he ever even been there at all? Had I just imagined the whole thing? I turned back around and put the file back in the cabinet... sat back down at my desk, shook my head and continued on about my business... unsure if the conversation had ever even taken place...

-RS

1 comment: